The Corner Chronicles
Greetings!

We are glad to have you here, and we hope you stay a while. While here, we hope you will have fun and please take a moment to stop by our announcement thread, and read up on our rules.

Thank you for visiting!

Shayne124
The Corner Chronicles
Greetings!

We are glad to have you here, and we hope you stay a while. While here, we hope you will have fun and please take a moment to stop by our announcement thread, and read up on our rules.

Thank you for visiting!

Shayne124
The Corner Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Corner Chronicles

RPG Play-By-Post

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scene 2: The Shambling Killer

Go down 
+2
gocrow90
Shayne124
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shayne124
Admin

Scene 2: The Shambling Killer Empty
PostSubject: Scene 2: The Shambling Killer   Scene 2: The Shambling Killer I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:30 am

The night is long, even longer in E'drani than anywhere else in the world. A gentle breeze blows through the relatively empty streets (empty due to the end of the feasting festival), bringing with it a smell so foul that even the orcs shy away from the stench. The silence, broken only by the sound of the wind through the streets, is eery, projecting a horror not many have experience with. As the wind whistles, a merry tune, a scream cuts through the night's silence, stifled quickly, raising the hair on many a person's neck. A few individuals go to investigate, and time seems to crawl. Imperceptibly, a sickening thud is heard, followed by another, and then another, and the investigators do not return. It takes until the Peacekeepers are raised for the three investigators to be found, their faces serene and relaxed, with their bodies a few feet away from their heads. Written on the walls, in blood and in undercommon, is:

The blessed know not the gift they are given, and now the gift is stripped of them. Death is solace for the forsaken.

The wind, always a harbringer of the future, bears screams, from one location, then from another, then another, always quiet, as if the sound comes from far away. Nightmares fill the dreams of those nearest the edges of the city, as if something invades them in their sleep, a darkness creeping through the cracks in their sanity. Suddenly, just a day or two after the nightmares began, they stop, all across the city.

A brothel on the southern end of the Traveler's Rest sits peacefully, the patrons enjoying their time, and the girls enjoying their coin. A light rain has been sounding on the roof, and the occasional lightning strike brightens up the rooms for all to see the foul deeds being committed by those with loose morals. The front door slams open, and a stench of rot seeps into the brothel, as a beauty in red stands silhouetted by a flash of lightning. As the Lady of the building saunters up to the young woman, her smile slowly fades, and then a piercing screams seems to be ripped out of her body as the shambling woman lunges forward, her teeth sinking into the throat of the Lady. This creature, a shell of a woman who once worked in this very brothel, moves from girl to girl, killing them and their patrons, and leaving them in a pool of their own blood and excretions. The screams, not unheard of from this brothel, do not even draw the attention of the Peacekeeper patrol, as girl after girl is killed without the others knowing of it. As the shambling creature leaves the brothel, six girls and five patrons are left, dead, and a terrible deed is kept from the eyes and ears of the public, except as gang warfare. The creature is not found, and the Peacekeepers are scouring the city, supposedly to find the gang that committed the atrocity, but in reality, to find the shambling mound of flesh that once used to be a woman.
Back to top Go down
gocrow90

PostSubject: Armand and the roof   Scene 2: The Shambling Killer I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 1:48 am

Armand wakes up and readies himself for the day. With the festival over it is time to look into his only lead, The Theater of the Otherworldly. He heads out and asks around for directions. After getting the information he seeks he remembers, "Shoot I never fixed that lad's roof." With that in mind he heads of to help the lad feeling foolish for putting it off.

Last edited by gocrow90 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Legato20

PostSubject: Re: Scene 2: The Shambling Killer   Scene 2: The Shambling Killer I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 2:31 pm

By day, Twitch searches for someone willing to take him on as a jewelry craftsgoblin (or some way to steal the necessary supplies) and also for good sources or shops for crafting materials. He also practices his dancing and picks up an exotic dance called an "Irish Jig" that he learns in a dance off with some dwarves. By night, Twitch does some investigating of his own into the pockets of the dead always staying out of sight and moving as carefully as possible. He always pokes them with a kukri while holding his mace ready to smash its head just to make sure they are really, actually dead. He also checks out the attack sites for clues to what is going on and to help himself to any unguarded treasures. He avoids Peacekeepers and any other guards but tails them cautiously if he feels that it will help him learn more.
Back to top Go down
allykat415

PostSubject: Islinniel's dreams   Scene 2: The Shambling Killer I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 7:14 pm

Woken by another nightmare....Sleep came seldom before but the past few days have been nothing but nightmares. This is what she got for sleeping so far away from the tree's that encircled her home. Time to find out why she kept having those nightmares or possibly visions.

<Islinniel grabs the mithril bowl given her by her Aunt for scrying and carefull adds enough water. Settling crosslegged on the hard floor to give her something to focus on other then the thousand things always flying through her head.>

Once calm she attempts to see something
Back to top Go down
Shayne124
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Scene 2: The Shambling Killer   Scene 2: The Shambling Killer I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 3:10 pm

Armand Rosewood
As you walk around, there is a slight apprehensive air in the Rest. People are a little more hesistant to speak to someone they don't know, and some are still just hung over from the festival. The information you seek, about the location of the Theatre of the Otherworldly, is fairly easy to come by, once you find someone willing to speak with you. Close to the great wall, the wall encircling the council, there is a building that defies the powers of the planet. Standing on a base much smaller than the top, the building looms over the other buildings in the Rest, and is a place for any to enjoy plays and entertainment involving any number of peoples or beasts. A mere gold piece will get you in, and you will be amazed by the skill of the actors, and by the ferocity of the creatures. The building is impossible to miss, a great block, almost as if a pyramid was growing down from the sky into the ground.

Once you remember the lad, you wrack your brain, and realize he said his mother was the one in need of someone to help fix her roof. You remember where you ran into the lad, he seemed to be a worker at the Blooded Step, but you never got the information for where his mother lived. If you go to find the location of the woman's home, you will be directed to go to the 'Lightless" area of the Rest.

Twitch Grasskicker
The underbelly of the city is dark, and if the deeds you investigate are really done by gang members, there are some really cruel gangs in E'drani. You heard the rumours of gang warfare, and of dead bodies being left behind after the deeds, and it isn't too hard to find the location of the damage. The first two locations you found were completely cleaned out, and peacekeepers were stationed at the entrances, so you were unable to do any kind of investigation. The third location though, you found some bodies left in a building. The scene was gorey, with gaping wounds in throats, and what looked as if claws ripped into the stomachs of the women you found lying in pools of their own blood and excrement. Twitch had to move quite quickly to stay out of sight, but he managed to avoid the eyes of the guard that came in to start their investigation of the room. There were already peacekeepers at the entrances, but now there were people in the warehouse come brothel.

There are several jewelry shops, nearer the Artisan's District to the north of the Rest, but most are unwilling to take you on. One you walk into, a small building with some nice pieces in the showcases, has a petite female dwarf behind the counter. She smiles as you walk in, and listens to your sales pitch.

Well Mr. Goblin, I am afraid I have no work for you at the moment, but if you could return with some of your work, I might be able to allow you some sales space in my cases. I would, of course, have to charge you for the use of my cases, but should your work sell well, I might consider taking you on as a jeweler. Consider it a trial if you will. If you have need of my workspace, a mere silver a day would be enough to pay for the use of my workspace. You must supply your own supplies, but we might be doing business in the near future, and as such, I look forward to it.

She offers her hand, and you notice that her hand is very soft, and amazingly clean, and that her finger tips have scars of cuts and abrasions that come from working with gems and precious metals.

Islinniel Galanarmyr
The nightmare was one of fires and swords, cutting your family down, and destroying you, leaving your life, but taking your fertility, of great pain. Your nightmare was one of wishing to be able to have children, constantly striving for the child, and never being able to do so. Your mind screamed in anguish, and then you awoke.

Your scrying, your vision, at first shows you nothing. Then, very slowly, a scene appears. The darkness of 'night' in E'drani shows a time different from now. A woman, beautiful blue eyes, hair of flaxen yellow, dressed in a pure white dress, slowly being cut open, her dress staining red in the process. A wicked laugh, an anguished scream, the pain filling your body. You look up at a dark face, perhaps hidden by shadows, or perhaps dark by nature? You hear a voice begging for forgiveness, and that voice is yours. You beg to be let go, that the lesson is learned. A deep, melodious voice answers, hate filling her voice as a knife cuts down into your torso.

The blessed know not the gift they are given, and now the gift is stripped of you. Death will be your solace, forsaken one.

Suddenly you snap back to the room you sat in, the pain of the knife cutting into your womb still aching through your body. A vision you were expecting, but of a place now, not of a place in the past. The magic has not come that strong before, the vision never so clear. The thing about this vision, you feel as if it is the answer you seek.

Last edited by Shayne124 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gocrow90

PostSubject: "Lightless"   Scene 2: The Shambling Killer I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 4:06 pm

Armand quickly goes off to find the lad. Once he finds him "I apologies for putting it off till now but if you would direct me to your mothers' home I will get to work right away."

If unable to find the lad he asks those who work at the Blooded Step for information on the location of the lad's and mother's homes.

With the location of the mother's home in hand Armand quickly rushes off to the "Lightless" area of the Rest. Once there he apologies to the woman and asks if she still needs his help.
Back to top Go down
Shayne124
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Scene 2: The Shambling Killer   Scene 2: The Shambling Killer I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 1:02 am

Armand Rosewood
The lad is indeed at the Blooded Step, and a burly orc stands behind the counter, while a very tough looking hobgoblin stands in front of several humans and elves, instructing them in the use of their weapons. He gives his name as Jec, and smiles widely, waving away your apology with dumb grace.

Right kind o' you ta come back ta ask af'er ma Ma. Her house be in tha Ligh'less portion o' town. Ya can't miss it, I will be thare maself in a day or so. If'n ya go thare taday, then just be sayin' ma name, an' she should letcha in right quick. Thank ya kindly now!

The Lightless area, a location where the street-shines are no where to be found, forcing people to walk from place to place carrying torches. A hush seems to be all around, and every now and then a torch can be seen thrust into a wall bracket, and several people just sit under the light, a gaunt look in their faces, suggesting malnourishment. You make it to where the woman's house is, and you see a decrepit building, seemingly ready to fall in on itself. Several small windows, more arrow slits than windows, show lights that seem to be constantly moving from room to room. When you knock on the front door, stout, if ill kempt, a young woman greets you at the door. She seems better fed than most you have seen, and she is quite a beauty. Green eyes, and beautiful red hair, this woman stands before you in very skimpy clothing.

A customer? At this hour? Normally sir, I request my customers come well before nightfall. My mother is awake, and I would much prefer not to subject her to my profession. But, if you make it worth my while, I might be able to indulge you.

Her voice is full of promise, and there is a sultry undertone that bespeaks of desire. Her eyes seem to undress you, and you stand there slightly bemused.
Back to top Go down
gocrow90

PostSubject: Blushing   Scene 2: The Shambling Killer I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 1:39 am

Reaching the "Lightless" area Armand pulls out an ever-burning torch and continues.

Armand is slightly stunned and blushes at the thought. He quickly recomposes himself as best as possible.

Nervously clearing his throat he replies:
"No disrespect miss, but the reason for my visit lies elsewhere. Umm. I have come at the request of umm... Jec, yes that's the one. Your brother I presume? He informed me that the roof of your home is in need of repair. So I have come to offer my assistance."

Last edited by gocrow90 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shayne124
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Scene 2: The Shambling Killer   Scene 2: The Shambling Killer I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 2:21 am

Her face seems to relax, and her smile turns more mischievious, less predatory.

Pardon me then sir. I hope I didn't seem too forward, it is just that most young men who come to our home come looking for something a little . . . younger. Let me take you to my mother, as it would seem you have need of her.

She speaks much more loudly than is absolutely necessary, and some croaking laughter seems to come from outside the home, as well as inside. The girl lets you in, and as you walk by, you notice slightly pointed ears peaking through her hair, much less pronounced than that of most elves, and a soft scent of citrus comes to your nose as she spins back and shuts the door behind you. She grabs your hand and leads you into a room, your arm lightly brushing her waist as she navigates the twists of the hallway. This home is much longer than you first estimated, and quite a bit brighter.

You enter a room from a door the girl holds open for you, and as you step inside, a sharp pinch causes you to jump forward. You look back quickly, and the girl grins and winks before shutting the door behind you. A very old human woman sits in a chair near a fireplace, a small orange tabby cat in her lap. She looks up at you and smiles, few teeth showing through.

Please don't mind ma daughter, she has a very mischievious streak, and she thinks she is able ta hide her life choices from me, either by living them while I sleep, or hiding behind a mask of humor. May I ask as ta why you are here young man? Perhaps ya've come ta ask something of me? Or are ya here to do something fer me?

Upon explaining your reason for coming, the old woman picks up a small bell and rings it, and a young child comes from another door. She whispers to him quietly, and the boy beckons you forward, and then he leads you to a small ladder which looks as if it leads to the roof. If you take the ladder up, there is material and tools, enough to fix the rooftop. There seems to be several small holes, many of which just need to be patched, and one section that actually requires some work. You think you might be able to fix this, but it will take you several days worth of work. While the damage is not extensive, you still aren't exactly a carpenter, so you feel you should take your time and do it slowly, so it can be done right.
Back to top Go down
gocrow90

PostSubject: Where are my manners   Scene 2: The Shambling Killer I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 2:41 am

The laughter does not phase Armand as he ignores the implications of her statement.
The scent of citrus clouds his mind for a moment. He feels he could become addicted to it should he not be careful.
Stunned by the pinch Armand is not as focused as usual while speaking to the old lady.
After the primary inspection, now that he has collected himself, Armand goes back to the old lady. "My manners are beside me today, I wonder what has thrown me off." Places hand on forehead and shakes it off. "How should I address you madam?"

" I believe the repairs will take me several days. I will be here everyday till it is done, unless you wish me to be absent of course. Before I get to work I have a quick question; is it just my imagination or has the atmosphere of the city changed? It doesn't feel like before the festival at all."

After her reply he heads back to the roof to begin.
Back to top Go down
allykat415

PostSubject: Islinniel's Dreams   Scene 2: The Shambling Killer I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 6:18 pm

Indeed this vision she was not expecting...There was always a lapse of information in her past. She never really knew why she felt as if something terrible had happened just before her Aunt took them from their home to trek hundreds or more miles to end up in the city of twilight. Now she knew what her Aunt had refused to speak of and the real reason why they had left.

<Her hand rested on her lower belly and she thought of her future>

Never really thinking about when for how she would have children but now realizing it was something she just thought would happen later when they returned to their home after all her Aunts "plans" came to fruition. Now she knew why the subject of her be given to another lord in the homeland as a peace offering had never been addressed. She was barren and that was the only thing a political marriage was good for. Keep the bloodlines pure and keep peace for future generations.

She must speak with her Aunt. After all it was well known to most people that her Aunt had an affinity for scrying even if that was the extent of the abilities she let others know of.

<She gets dressed in noble clothes and her mothers moonstone and mitril amulet. That will make her Aunt proud, and seamlessly changes back into her usual form of sun elf likeness.>

---In draconic----- Come Fiacha we must get some answers from my Aunt!

< The raven fliess from tree to tree behind her as she makes her way to her Aunts pleasure house>
Back to top Go down
Legato20

PostSubject: Taking Care of Business   Scene 2: The Shambling Killer I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 7:19 pm

Twitch shakes the dwarven woman's hand earnestly, happy to have the chance to practice his passion for jewelry crafting in such a gem of a city. He says "Thank you for putting more worth in my words than others have given me. You will not regret your offer and I will begin crafting some pieces you will be proud to display." He smiles his cock-eyed grin and then asks what the going rate for some of her materials will cost him, not wanting to insult her by buying from a competitor. If he has materials, he begins practicing his craft immediately until dark. Otherwise, he scours the street observing various street performers and learning what he can from them. He also keeps his pickpocketing limited to marks in huge crowds so that he can easily disappear.

At night, Twitch looks around for those he suspects are affiliated with the gang of halflings and goblins and trails them trying to learn as much as he can about how they operate. He also looks for any more information about the killings.
Back to top Go down
Shayne124
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Scene 2: The Shambling Killer   Scene 2: The Shambling Killer I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 1:49 pm

Armand Rosewood
The old woman smiles lightly at your social grace, and suddenly a scent of rain comes to you, seemingly from no where.

Well, I guess ya could jus' call me Mother. That is what most of the young ones call me, despite the fact that I am old enough ta be their great-grandmother! If ya must call me by a name, then please use Aedendra. Ya are welcome ta stay during the repair process, and if ya want, even longer. I know ma daughter would enjoy your presense, if only ta tease ya. The city has indeed changed a bit, but when ya get tagether a very large group of people, all of different creeds and race, it is just something ta expect.

A light laugh comes from her, and once again, you smell a nagging scent of rain, making you feel as if you should get started on that repair job. You excuse yourself, and go back to the roof, and begin work on said roof. Throughout the week you see quite a few people, upwards to 20 others, who apparently live in this house with the old lady. Most are human like Aedendra, but there are a few half-elves, a couple halflings, a couple dwarves, and a couple half-orcs living in this house. The half-elf girl spends plenty of time flirting with you, and teasing you, especially while you are working on the roof.

Islinniel Galanarmyr
As you walk along the streets of the Rest, a pall seems to have overtaken the city. People, particularly women, are surly, or quiet, almost as if their thoughts take them through roads they'd rather not travel. Men are also upset, but it is more a nagging upset, as opposed to an active one, like they have forgotten something, but they know it isn't pleasant. The automatons that patrol the street, however, are unaffected, making you feel as if they are the lucky ones. The scent of freshly baked bread, of meat roasting on the spit, is far too cheery for this atmosphere in your mind.

As you move from the areas of commerce, you slowly, as the day moves past half gone, smell the scent of people leave the air, letting you know that you have arrived at the merchant's district, a place of cleanliness, a place of relative quiet. You approach the doors of your Aunt's please house, and the smell of perfume is thick in the air, and you can hear the sounds of merry-making in the house itself. As you open the door, your Aunt is at the bar, a smile beaming on her golden face, her beauty something that still brings many customers around. She rushes over to you, joy evident on her features.

Islinniel! What a pleasure! I have fantastic news, the girls all say they have received a vision, one that tells of them being unable to bear children! They have been caving in to many of the customer's most wicked desires, and several of the girls who had fought the thought, are now accepting two or three customers at a time! I know not what has happened, but at the rate things are going, we are going to be wealthier than ever before! Have you come to join in the merry-making?

She stands before you, slightly out of breathe. You have never seen her this happy, and then, as you look closer, you see creases along her eyes, the kind that come from either lack of sleep, or great worry.

Twitch Grasskicker
She tells him that materials are fairly easy to gather, and while she tends to only keep enough stock for her own use, she feels she might be able to spare some materials for his use. You spend the day working with some simple gems (malachite, obsidian, etc.), and you feel as if you will need more work. Several days will pass before Twitch will have finished the piece of jewelry, but you feel as if it might be worth the wait to not ruin the chance this dwarf has given you.

At night, you come across several instances of people moving quickly from spot to spot, and then sudden yells for help, quickly cut off. You grin evilly, thinking you might have found your targets, and when you reach the scene, you find a body, completely stripped, and a clean cut from ear to ear, the wound making a cruel smile of blood. You move away, just in the nick of time, as a patrol of those peacekeepers show up, those weird pieces of metal held in their hands. This goes on for several nights, and then you come to the realization that you must sleep, otherwise you will be completely worthless at your craft, as well as at your night-time activities.
Back to top Go down
gocrow90

PostSubject: A new home?   Scene 2: The Shambling Killer I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 4:51 pm

"I suppose you are right Moth... Ms. Aedendra." As he begins to say mother old memories flood his mind preventing it.

" I think I shall take you up on your offer, at least for now. Though I am not sure if I can survive her teasing for very long."

Over the week Armand grows slightly more accustomed to the half-elf girl. Though she still clouds his mind with her advances and her almost hypnotic scent, he manages to keep enough of his wits about him to ask her name and about the other tenants of the building. He is curious as to who they are, why they live there, and why with so many he, an outsider, was needed to fix the roof. The last not as a complaint but out of mild confusion.
Back to top Go down
Shayne124
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Scene 2: The Shambling Killer   Scene 2: The Shambling Killer I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 12:51 am

Armand Rosewood
The girl smiles at you, the scent of citrus reaching towards you, clouding your thoughts, almost as if the scent controls you.

Normally, I make men pay for the knowledge of my name, but I guess I could make an exception for you. Aliuviel is my name, and Mother is a woman who willingly takes in any who wish for a home, and she tends to make reasons for others to come to her home if she feels they have need, or she wishes to keep an eye on them. Let not her age fool you, that wonderful woman is much more than meets the eye.

Her eyes twinkle with such affection when speaking of Aedendra that you feel quite moved by it. You ask again and again as to why an outsider was requested to repair the roof, but Aliuviel just laughs and dodges the question, usually by telling you to ask Mother. During the day, when she is not flirting with you, she 'entertains' different men, all of whom come to the home with masks on. She is generally quite discreet with them, and as they leave, she always smiles, a flush on her face, but the smile never reaches her eyes, unlike when she smiles at you. Of all the residents, only Ms. Aedendra and Aliuviel speak to you regularly. Most of the time, the other residents, while courteous, never spend more than a few moments speaking with you.

Always you smell the scent of rain, especially during the day, but never does it rain.
Back to top Go down
gocrow90

PostSubject: An Unknown Pain   Scene 2: The Shambling Killer I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 1:06 am

Armand pushes back his curiosity to why he was asked to help deciding best to wait till he is done to ask Aedendra about it.

The hallow smiles Aliuviel gives her guests causes Armand's chest to tighten, but he knows better than to interfere with an others life uninvited.

Armand focuses his energies towards the roof. One day he asks Aedendra: " I have sensed the pending rain for some time now, yet, it doesn't arrive. I am thankful for the time but is it not strange?"
Back to top Go down
ST takayoshi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Scene 2: The Shambling Killer   Scene 2: The Shambling Killer I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 2:40 pm

Sinclair rises early, and, after centering his mind and body, he prays to Azuth and Mystra. His prayers are thanking them for thier gifts and asking for strength and guidance in his quest and goals.

After his conversation with the Church's matron, Sinclair begins to investigate the area around the "Lightless". After a few days he surveys the house of his mark, being careful never to cross the property line. He looks for a safe place with a good view of his target, and spends a few days and nights keeping vigil for any sign of the home's owner, casting detect magic as often as he can.
Back to top Go down
https://gestaltspark.rpg-board.net
Shayne124
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Scene 2: The Shambling Killer   Scene 2: The Shambling Killer I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 1:07 am

Armand Rosewood
Two days before your estimated date of completion, the young lad who initially asked for your help regarding Aedendra's roof came limping up the path towards the front door. He is quickly let in, by Aliuviel you think, and several hours go by before any more activity occurs. When something does happen, it is quite mysterious, as a becloaked form, slight as a child, slips out of the front door and quickly runs out of sight. Before you really have any time to consider the activities of the day, Jec climbs up onto the roof, and does a brief inspection of the work you have completed thus far.

Well, Ah'll be a thrice-blasted cockatrice! Ya dint look ta be a roofer, but ya seem ta've done a right fine job ta now. Ah'm sorry fer me tardiness, the store keep needed ma help fer longer than I reckoned. But Ah'm here now, and we can do this job up right!

Jec smiles at you, but one eye is closed tight, and the other seems to be just barely open. You see several freshly tended cuts and wounds, and a strong limp speaks to you of a broken bone. If you try to deny his help, he completely ignores you, and he makes jokes and laughs, trying to lighten the air between the two of you. With his help, you feel as if you will be done by the end of the day, if not then by mid-day on the morrow. Despite your comfort here in the house, and even in the Lightless area, something keeps nagging at the back of your mind, something is wrong. Either something is missing, or something has changed, but you can't quite put your finger on it.

Abbot Sinclair
The Lightless area, a place where the Rest's filthy and filth settle, where the pole-lights are absent, and where torch-light plays tricks upon the unwary. Screams of children, moans of the hungry, and the smell of refuse waft towards those who wander too close to this haven of filth, making many feel ill, and others fearful. Your mark's home is one street away from the Lightless area, and this makes it easy for you to watch it. The target, even after a few days, does not leave his home. You cast detect magic regularly, and there is a constant abujuration effect surrounding the home, and a faint after-taste of rot, almost as if necromancy spells were cast so often that they have poisoned the air around the home. On the third day of your vigil, a momentary flash of conjuration magic brightens your vision, followed by another flash of conjuration, all coming from the home. Then nothing more happens as far as you can see.

Last edited by Shayne124 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gocrow90

PostSubject: Unease   Scene 2: The Shambling Killer I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 2:18 am

When Armand sees the wounds he, in a calm voice, asks "What happened to you?" Armand probes strongly insisting he can be of help.

Armand tries to deny Jec's help under protest of his injury. "You should rest and get that leg splinted." Armand eventually folds and accepts the help making sure to give Jec duties were he would strain himself the least.

With the uneasy feeling itching in the back of his mind Armand decides to talk to Ms. Aedendra. "I realize that it may be none of my business, but I sense something going on. I wish to be of assistance so l please allow me to do so."
Back to top Go down
Shayne124
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Scene 2: The Shambling Killer   Scene 2: The Shambling Killer I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 3:58 pm

Armand Rosewood
Jec claims that his wounds came from the Blooded Step, as he was needed to demonstrate certain fighting techniques. You do not know of any techniques that require a demonstration that actually breaks the assistant's leg, or any that actually cuts the assistant so deeply. But Jec seems quite sincere, and you feel as if he might be telling the truth.

Ms. Aedendra sits in her normal seat, and she smiles in a slightly bemused way when you pose your question to her.

I am not quite sure what you mean young one. This is a very large place, and there could be quite a lot going on. Perhaps you are merely tired, or perhaps your mind is just playing tricks on you?

You do feel quite sleepy all of a sudden, as Ms. Aendendra speaks to you, and you fall lightly to one knee. Aedendra gets up from her chair, and your eyes shut forcefully, and then the scent of citrus fills your nose. As the scent is registered in your mind, you realize what is wrong. The scent of rain is gone. Aedendra is suddenly right next to you, and the smell of citrus is coming from her completely. You feel as if you are losing consciousness, and you can't control it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You awake sometime later, laying in the bed you have been using while working on Aedendra's roof. At the side of your bed sits Aliuviel, her head down, and her chest rising in the rhythmic beat of someone sleeping. You do not remember much of what happened. You went down to see Ms. Aedendra, and then, as you were speaking, something happened to you, and you fell unconscious. Your dreams were varied, you had one about a young man being dismembered, his pleads falling on the deaf ears of a vicious group of demons, covered in his blood and ash. You also had a dream of being in a grove full of trees with a fruit that smelled so very much of Aliuviel, and there she sat, covered in what looked to be a very thin layer of interlocking scales. You had other dreams as well, one of a woman begging forgiveness, and another pleading to be able to give birth to children. A dream of a great battle, and a dream of being a member of the Birds of Prey.

You don't know how long you have been out, and it is impossible to tell what time it is in the perpetual darkness that is the Lightless area.
Back to top Go down
gocrow90

PostSubject: Dreams or Premonitions   Scene 2: The Shambling Killer I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 12:40 pm

Armand think s to himself, "Mere dreams or premonitions?, though I have no solid history of such things the whole of this situation is far to odd to rule anything out just yet. Even if I assume them to be premonitions I barley know what to make of them. Ill need to seek someone out with more experience in that sort of thing. However, right now I need to find out what happened to me?"

He sits up in the bed and looks over at Aliuviel, and brushes her arm to nudge her awake, and feel the curious scales. When she comes around he asks, "What happened? How long have I been asleep?"
Back to top Go down
Shayne124
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Scene 2: The Shambling Killer   Scene 2: The Shambling Killer I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 1:41 pm

Armand Rosewood
Your fingers brush against her skin, and there are no scales, to your disappointment. She awakens swiftly, a wild look in her eyes, but then she calms down when she realizes it is just you. She explains to you that you have been out for nigh on ten days, and she is not really sure what happened.

Mother called me into her sitting room, and there you were, collapsed. I moved you as carefully as I could, but you acted as if you were dead. We were so worried that something had happened to you. I am so relieved to see you moving about. I would bet you are starving, after not eating for almost ten days.

As she speaks, you realize that there is a pit in your stomach, one that demands to be filled. She quickly brings you food, and as she leaves, Ms. Aedendra is helped to your room by Jec. She sits in the chair that Aliuviel had occupied, and helps you eat food, stopping you when you start eating too quickly.

I am so sorry fer what happened to ye Armand. Especially in my house. Are ye feeling well? Sometimes, magic swirls in eddies in E'drani, and it affects some people quite poorly. Jec finished the roof while you were out, so that is one worry off of your shoulders . . . Thank you fer coming and staying at my home child. Ye have had a very real effect on Aliuviel, and she has smiled quite a bit more sincerely since ye have arrived. Whether ye realize it, but she thinks quite highly of ye. She nary left yer side the entire time ye were out, except when I kicked her out. Ye just might be her first true friend who wasn't related to her.

Aedendra is smiling at you widely at the end of her talk, and she makes sure you are comfortable. She bids you to let her know if you need anything, or if anything bothers you after your little episode. Then she leaves you to eat in peace, and Jec talks to you for a while, assuring you that everything is taken care of. He looks to be a lot better, and his limp is noticeably absent. He laughs, and jokes, and you feel your spirits rise.

Thus ends the scene "The Shambling Killer." This thread will no longer be judged for experience, but you can still post to this thread to finish your current scenes, or to ask for clarification.
Back to top Go down
Casey Allison

PostSubject: Ghormar, that night   Scene 2: The Shambling Killer I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 7:24 pm

Ghormar is used to dreams of violent nature and death. Dreams of many vile acts that he wished he could try, but in the end they are always dreams to be chased. This dream however was real, or was it? The fear in this dream actually unsettled him, and this made him all the more hungry for whatever power cause such a dream. He decides to spend the morning praying to Nerull, for an answer to his dreams cause, and if prayer is not enough, then a sacrifice of his blood would be made. This is a practice he has long used to satisfy, his gods demand for blood, or so he feels. The pain of the knife against his flesh is a great enjoyment that excites a deep part of him. To see his life flow from his veins and to be the one in control of how much is lost pleases him greatly, and he would gladly give it in the name of one so great.
Back to top Go down
Shayne124
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Scene 2: The Shambling Killer   Scene 2: The Shambling Killer I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 1:01 am

Ghormar Chandrin
The flicker of candle-light slowly dims, then a sudden gust of wind causes the flame to puff out in a small cloud of smoke. As your eyes focus on the cloud, a red tinge overtakes your eyes. The cloud forms a skull in your eye, and the image of a dark face, ebony in color, angular in shape, takes form in your mind. Fear grips your heart, and a terrible chill overtakes the room you kneel in. A voice, as chilling as a graveyard on the Blood Moon Festival, whispers into your ear.

Come to me servant, find my form in the city. Hunt me down. Find me, join me for our dance, for our homage to He Who Revels in the Slaying.

Suddenly the flame flickers back to life, and warmth slowly returns to the room you stay in. A sheen of sweat covers your body, and a feeling of elation fills your black heart. Your arm is raised above your head, and the cuts in your arm are crusted over, and you slowly blink the blood out of your eyes. The 'day' has grown long, and the 'night' starts soon.

Last edited by Shayne124 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Casey Allison

PostSubject: Ghormar, that night   Scene 2: The Shambling Killer I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 4:53 am

Ghormars heart races and adrenalin courses through his veins. He could think of no better way to start out a dark night than with such a revelation as this. Someone out there is like him, maybe even with greater power. As he begins to calm, he takes a moment to clean the crusted blood from his arms and eyes, and dresses for a long night on the streets, careful to conceal his scythe behind his cloak just in case. Just as he steps out the door of the inn, all his excitement dulls as he realizes he has no clue where he is headed. Not many people want to discuss a topic of such a dark enjoyable nature, but then again most people can’t see beyond their boxed up lives that are so easily broken. He begins by looking in the darker parts of the city where dark spirited people and creature tend to live. Unlike before he approaches anyone of suspicious nature or anything he feel will lead him in the right direction. He is careful to avoid any and all peace keepers and keeps a sharp ear out for anything of use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scene 2: The Shambling Killer   Scene 2: The Shambling Killer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scene 2: The Shambling Killer
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next